Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween

So, I haven't been very good at this whole blogging thing. I'm a little lazy when it comes to taking pictures while crafting and then uploading said pictures. I promise I will try to be better. I'm making a goal...Once a week.  I will post a craft. I know that's really not that often compared to other crafting bloggers, but it's a start right.

For now, let's just have a Halloween discussion. I am not the most creative person. I borrow a lot of ideas from other people. So at Halloween time, I can never make up my mind for costumes. I change my mind about a million times and then I end up spending WAY too much money on making the costumes that I decide on.

This year Carly was going to be a peacock. Well, surprise, I changed my mind. I decided I wanted to do family themed costumes. Here were some of the other options:

Shark, scuba diver and a surfer who had been bitten by a shark
Tangled
Little Red Riding Hood, wolf and grandma
Three Musketeers
Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother
Up

I'm not going to give away the final decision yet. I bought fabric today and have a date with my rotary cutter tonight. I have some serious work ahead of me and hopefully it will all turn out really cute. Stay updated for pictures soon.

In the meantime, here's some pictures of our costumes from last year. Carly was Tinkerbell, Nate was Peter Pan and I was Wendy. These costumes are 100% homemade. I am most proud of Carly's Tinkerbell wings and my Wendy dress because I made it without a pattern and it was the first time I had EVER sewn sleeves.



My brother stood in as Peter Pan for one of the parties that we went too. Thanks Uncle Brian.

I love these two. Aren't they so cute together?

Love this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment